6 Things About Toddlers and the Beach
- The word “sandwich” takes on new meaning with a toddler. They seem much less bothered by eating sand than we are bothered by watching them eat sand.
- The people next to you in any direction might as well be with you, since the toddler will try to take their toys, eat their food, and sit in their chairs. Hi neighbors!
- BIRDS! are an awesome distraction for a toddler.
- Do not underestimate the propensity of a toddler to pick up every.single.thing. you find disgusting and gross at the beach. As a bonus? Some of them will still decide to put all that disgusting stuff in their mouth.
- Even a fearless toddler can be a little unnerved by the size of the ocean.
- The amount of sand that comes home from the beach in diapers, fists, neck folds, between toes and in toys is a little astounding. We’ll be able to start our own beach soon if this volume happens every time we go!