Guest Noodling: Kids Are Superficial

by Guest on January 4, 2012

I’m so excited about our next guest poster: Shalini from Reading (and chickens). I started following Shalini a few months ago, and I am firmly HOOKED. She’s funny, she’s real, and she knows her way around Paint! Oh, and everything she writes about has me shaking my head going, uh huh, uh huh, me TOO. Including this one…

My kids are superficial.

Packaging is everything. I can’t wait until they’re adults and they grow out of it.

Misty January 4, 2012 at 8:20 am

This reminds me of a question I once asked a doctor regarding one of my own children. His reply:

Children are just little people!

Which seemed like a ridiculous thing to say to me at the time, but fits very well here.

My Courageous Life January 4, 2012 at 9:27 am

LOL! If the Martha Plimpton sheets are Goonies-related can I have them? :)

Craftwhack January 4, 2012 at 10:33 am

I shudder to think what the Martha Plimpton sheets would look like.

Shelly January 4, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I’m fairly certain Martha Plimpton sheets would make me break out in hives. Thanks for the laugh!

Emily Guy Birken January 4, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Maybe the Martha Plimpton sheets would be prettier if you spilled an X-tra Intense Juice Box on it. Those juices at are in no way related to real fruits do come in some intriguing, not-to-be-found-in-nature colors.

TechyDad January 5, 2012 at 5:59 am

I have the same problem with JSL. He’s an extremely picky eater. One of his sure-fire foods is macaroni and cheese. No matter what, he’ll eat that. In a restaurant, he’ll eat it. Out of a box, he’ll eat it. Made from scratch by me, he WON’T eat it. Yes, he’ll turn his nose up at my homemade macaroni and cheese because it’s not the boxed version. (How much longer until he expands his diet beyond cheese, mac & cheese, pizza, grilled cheese, and peanut butter?)

ARC January 5, 2012 at 3:20 pm

OH man! I was totally like this as a kid, too, and now it kills me because I’m all about the crafty this and the homemade that, and soon my baby girl will reject ALL OF IT. Sigh.

Suniverse January 6, 2012 at 7:01 am

I want Martha Plimpton sheets now.

I had no idea I could covet anything so much.

mutantreptile January 7, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I would totally buy Martha Plimpton sheets as well.

A Morning Grouch January 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Marketing is such a bitch. But you’re right, we buy into it every time, don’t we?! Sigh. TRY TO FIGHT IT!