Beyond Wardrobe Malfunction…

by The Daddy on February 1, 2012

Sadly this situation has more truth than exaggeration. The Daddy has a penchant for colorful clothes (for the kid, not for himself) and especially an affinity for plaid. Not necessarily bad on it’s own, it turns problematic when you have a child that grows like a mutated weed, and half the clothes are dirty, as is so often the case. When it comes time for daycare or any other engagement where interaction with the outside world comes into play, those are the days where fashionable clothing options are…scarce.

Needless to say, on average The Daddy will more often than not go for boldness in an outfit over something more…pleasing to the eye.

TechyDad February 2, 2012 at 6:14 am

There’s a very good reason why my wife picks out our boys’ clothes to wear. And why all my work clothes are divided into “goes with the black pants” and “goes with the brown pants.”

Jason Deeds February 2, 2012 at 8:54 am

Before I meet my wife I knew nothing of fashion. She’s said several times to my boys 10 and 11: “Just cause you dad is wearing shorts in the snow doesn’t mean you can.” I never knew blue and green couldn’t be worn together, and when I do the baby’s laundry I have to have mommy help me match items. *shakes head* I think I wasn’t given this part of logic when it was handed out.

Reading (and chickens) February 2, 2012 at 11:18 am

I’ve been running the school’s book fair in the mornings, so Gregg has dressed the boys and taken them to school. They…aren’t even wearing their own clothes when I see them. HOW? How does this happen?

Reading (and chickens) February 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I’ve been running the school’s book fair in the mornings, so Gregg has dressed the boys and taken them to school. Today all his clothes are backwards.

Ashley @ It's Fitting February 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

So my husband wears a uniform to work and so at home is BEYOND casual. Like, flannel pants and a t-shirt kind of casual. It grosses me out, but hey – his body, his clothes… whatever.
So when it comes to the Kidlet getting dressed by Daddy? Ooooh boy. Any shirt that can be found with an airplane on it (hubby is a pilot) even if it’s dirty or too big/small and the ugliest sweatpants in the drawer, or his PJ pants.
I’m like, dude, he is not mini-me… Knock it off.

Heather February 3, 2012 at 4:09 am

The other day, my daughter was wearing a black and white striped shirt and pink leggings with navy hearts on them. HOW does that match? My poor husband.

Jamie B February 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I would rarely let my husband pick out our daughter’s clothes, but any occasion in which his did was cringe-worthy. Now she’s 4 (almost 5!!!) and picks out her own clothes daily and it has me wishing it was my husband doing the picking. “Wow. Sure, tie-dyed leggings with a black thermal shirt covered in colorful flowers with your socks pulled up OVER the leggings and your purple, navy & red Toms looks BEAUTIFUL, Pumpkin. Sure, I like the 5 headbands you put it your hair. The pink belt was a nice touch, too. No, I DON’T think you need to tuck your shirt into your leggings.”

P.S. She does not get her sense of style from me.